The 2016 Partners HealthCare $1 million Innovation Discovery Grants Program (IDG) is being launched today. This second staging of the Discovery Grant program is to improve patient health by accelerating the commercialization of PHS innovations and engaging our new innovators including from outside of traditional clinical and research groups. Individual grants to Partners faculty and employees have been increased to up to $100,000 each. The IDG program will fund prototyping, pre-clinical studies, software development and other approaches that can directly lead to a license and/or a spinoff company based on a device, drug, diagnostic, software or other product based on the PHS staff’s innovation. Preliminary proposals are due 5:00PM February 19th, 2016. PHS faculty and employees are eligible to apply. We look forward to your application – we expect a large number of compelling proposals. Please visit idg.partners.org
For additional information and access to the grant application. The program schedule is:
- Pre-proposals are due February 19th, 2016
- Awards will be given up to $100,000 total cost
- Prior to April 1, 2016, applicants will be invited to submit full proposals
- Full proposals will be due May 13th, 2016
- Earliest possible start date is August 1, 2016
- This PHS-wide initiative is open to any faculty member with a primary appointment at a PHS-affiliated institution, or full-time employee at a PHS-affiliated institution.